Many of my readers are fellow bloggers, so I thought I’d do a post sharing my top 3 favourite blogging tools, and I hope you will find them useful.
I use Canva for everything from my blog cover photos, Pinterest posts, Instagram posts, my Twitter banner, and so on. It’s a really brilliant tool and I’m going to list just a few of the reasons why I love it below:
- It’s free. That’s just a given. Sure, you can pay to upgrade, but you really don’t need to.
- There is no pressure to upgrade, and so many of their options are available on the free version, so you’re not restricted.
- There are literally thousands of background and font combinations from which to choose, so you can always make something that looks unique and original.
- For the days I’m lacking in creative energy or just need to get something done quickly, there are also loads of pre-made templates.
- It’s super easy to use and you can create something that looks completely professional even if you’re an amateur like me.
- You can access it on the website and also as an app on your phone so I can be creating stuff on-the-go, or even while I’m lying in bed.
I used to think that Pinterest was just for middle-aged women to share recipes on, but it turns out I was being supremely unfairly judgmental. Here are some of the reasons I love using Pinterest for blogging:
- There are endless advice posts for bloggers, with established bloggers offering useful tips for newbies on niches to SEO to scheduling and everything in between.
- It’s also full of inspiration for blog posts, so if I’m ever stuck for ideas on what to post about, I’ll have a scroll through and something usually sparks an idea that sets me up for another post.
- It’s incredibly fast-moving, with new pins constantly being added, so it’s never stagnant.
- The boards and sections make it easy to organise your stuff, and also make it easy to pin something to come back to later if you haven’t got time to read it there and then.
Sidenote: If you want to connect with me on Pinterest, you can do so by clicking here.
Pixabay is a fantastic source of stock photos. Here’s why I love it:
- Again, it’s free.
- It has a wealth of high-quality, professional standard photos that I can use in blog posts to break up the writing in my posts.
- The photos don’t have watermarks and you aren’t required to show credit or anything like that – they’re just totally available to use.
Fellow bloggers – what are your top 3 favourite tools for blogging? Let me know in the comments, and tell me why you love them!