I have a few regrets about my time at school. There are things I would do differently if I had the chance to go back. There are things I would tell my teenage self that I think could have made my school experience just a little easier.
So here goes.
Hey school-age me. Listen up.
I’m not going to lie to you. School is going to suck. It’s going to really suck. But there are a few things you could do that might help you navigate the shitstorm.
- It literally doesn’t matter what other people think about you. When you leave school, you’ll never see any of them again.
- Don’t let your “friends” treat you like shit just because you’re scared of being alone. You can go it alone. You don’t need them.
- Not all teachers will appreciate how hard you’re trying – that doesn’t make it any less valid.
- Choose to study the subjects you enjoy – it will make all the difference.
- Don’t worry so much about the gay thing. It will be alright.
Oh, and just so you know – you are so much stronger than you think you are.
What do you wish you knew when you were at school? Would you change anything if you had the chance? Let me know in the comments below!