“Where words fail, music speaks.”
– Hans Christian Anderson
It’s no secret that music can evoke certain emotions in us – some more than others, especially if they have some connection to certain events or situations. This can be a good thing, or a bad thing, or even a mix of both.
Here is my current playlist, sorted into categories of how they make me feel.
- Thnks fr th Mmrs – Fall Out Boy
- The Science of Selling Yourself Short – Less Than Jake
- All The Things She Said – t.A.t.U.
- How Far I’ll Go – Auli’i Cravalho
- You’re Not Alone – Saosin
- Candles – Hey Monday
- Last Hope – Paramore
- I’ll Be Ok – McFly
- This Is Me – Demi Lovato
- Gives You Hell – The All American Rejects
- Stronger – Britney Spears
- Fighter – Christina Aguilera
- Fight Song – Rachel Platten
- We R Who We R – Kesha
- Ignorance – Paramore
- Born for This – Paramore
- Break It Out – The Rocket Summer
- Weightless – All Time Low
- Anything But Ordinary – Avril Lavigne
- Since U Been Gone – Kelly Clarkson
- What The Hell – Avril Lavigne
- Set Off – Hey Monday
- Anklebiters – Paramore
- Playing God – Paramore
- Perfect Day – Hoku
In writing out my playlist, I notice that most of the songs I have chosen for my playlist make me feel empowered, strong, and/or determined. I think this is probably because music has the ability to affect my mood, so I’ve chosen songs that will evoke these feelings and help boost my mood and my confidence.
What’s on your playlist? Is there an overall “feel” to the playlist? Which emotions do your choices evoke? Let me know in the comments below!